Warhead 8......Down Under!
Terry Hine
2003-07-08 02:25:09 UTC
I thought you folks might be interested in this article from TV Week
09/09/89.

BROSNAN TO PLAY BOND.....DOWN UNDER!

Australia has always missed out on being a James Bond film location, but
that is about to be rectified.

A new 007 epic will be filmed on the Great Barrier Reef and other
locations around the country, beginning next April.

Pierce Brosnan, who lost the Bond role to Timothy Dalton due to
Remington Steele commitments, is tipped to play MI5 agent 007 in the new
film, titled WARHEAD 8.

The original team of director-producer Kevin McClory and screenwriter
Jack Whittingham, who with Ian Fleming wrote the original screenplay of
THUNDERBALL in 1960, are behind the project.

WARHEAD 8 will have nothing to do with the Timothy Dalton-Cubby Broccoli
productions, such as their latest movie, LICENCE TO KILL.

Speaking to TV WEEK from Canada, where parts of WARHEAD 8 will be
filmed, Kevin McClory confirms he had talks with Pierce Brosnan.

"I talked to Pierce in Ireland (another WARHEAD 8 location), but at this
stage it's not in our interest to comment. The way our opposition have
been behaving in the past, we may find the fellow suddenly gets a
10-year contract."

"The bulk of the picture will be set in Australia," he adds. "We've got
quite a lot of underwater filming to do and a fair amount will be done
on the Great Barrier Reef."

"With the Bond films I've been involved in, we tend to be into sharks
and you've got plenty."

Kevin says WARHEAD 8 will be a traditional Bond film. "We're going back
to the early formula. We were the innovators of transforming Ian's
novels into film," he says.

WARHEAD 8 will re-introduce the evil SPECTRE organisation with it's
chairman, Ernst Stavros Blofeld. "James Bond fans will be delighted
with the return of the orginal villains," Kevin says.

Despite legal wrangles with United Artists and Cubby Broccoli, Kevin
doesn't mind the latest batch of 007 films with Dalton.

"I enjoyed LICENCE TO KILL," he says. "Timothy Dalton is a fine actor."

By David Brown
Phil7101
2003-07-08 05:37:40 UTC
Post by Terry Hine
Pierce Brosnan, who lost the Bond role to Timothy Dalton due to
Remington Steele commitments, is tipped to play MI5 agent 007 in the new
film, titled WARHEAD 8.
Ha! Now that would have been funny, especially if Pierce did do this film, and
then still went on to become the "official" Bond.
g***@cix.compulink.co.uk
Nice location idea, though.
Kent
2003-07-08 07:32:54 UTC
Cool! When is this coming out on DVD?!?!?!? :)

From the little info provided, it sounds like Kev was planning to remake his
remake of Thunderball?

cheers

Kent
By David Brown
Just Johnny
2003-07-08 10:26:19 UTC
Post by Terry Hine
I thought you folks might be interested in this article from TV Week
09/09/89.
BROSNAN TO PLAY BOND.....DOWN UNDER!
Australia has always missed out on being a James Bond film location, but
that is about to be rectified.
A new 007 epic will be filmed on the Great Barrier Reef and other
locations around the country, beginning next April.
The newspaper strip version of James Bond did actually visit the Great
Barrier Reef and other parts of Australia ten years earlier in the
story "Shark Bait".
Leviathan
2003-07-08 11:57:36 UTC
Post by Just Johnny
The newspaper strip version of James Bond did actually visit the Great
Barrier Reef and other parts of Australia ten years earlier in the
story "Shark Bait".
Gosh that's a strip I'd love to read!

*cough*binaries group*cough*

--

Jonathan Andrew Sheen

http://www.leviathanstudios.com
Leviathan of the GEI (Detached.)
***@leviathanstudios.com

"What'dya expect? I'm a New Yorker!"
-Anonymous New York Firefighter, 9/12/01